It’s simple. It means Bluetooth + Beacon!
The contract has no tenure. You are billed monthly and can cancel anytime. Cancelling your plan comes into effect the following month.
As the platform is managed by us, it will be automatically updated regularly.
Due to the nature of our products (non-tangible digital goods), it is not possible to “return” the product therefore we generally do not offer refund or exchange after purchase is made. By signing up an account we setup the platform on a VPS which we are billed for, and we cannot offer refunds or exchanges due to a change of mind. If you are unsure, it is you the “buyers” responsibility to ask Bluecon questions before purchasing. To make sure the item is suitable for your project and is compatible with your hardware or software.
All sales are final and non-refundable. Blueacon offers no Money Back Guarantee of any kind. We believe that the provided multiple information channels, namely
- Contact form(s)
- Free product demos with no time limit
All products have online demos which can be tested thoroughly before buying. There’s an online documentation with more details on features that may not be testable with the online demos. If you are having any issue with files, trouble setup, or have any questions, please submit a support ticket, we will do our best to resolve the problem.
No. We do not engage in beacon selling as we believe in giving the users freedom to choose beacons of their interest and according to deployment circumstances.
As long as you are an active member of the Blueacon, you can create a ticket at https://docs.blueacon.io. For our white label members, we provide priority support with Slack channel and you can chat directly with the developers. We strive to give adequate answers as soon as possible, but in the first instance we only provide support on bugs and usage issues that prevent working of the system. No consultancy on how to develop your own features.
Showstoppers will always be resolved, but non-critical bugs reported will be resolved on priority basis. Due to the complexity of the software and the large code base, it’s inevitable there will be issues. Third party requirements may change outside our control, so if you experience any issues, please raise a ticket.
Support has to be reasonable and fair. We can’t support you with setting up any kind of hardware, or implementing or usage of third party features. When starting a business, you need to invest time yourself. We can only keep the price low because we don’t provide personal help. This would cost our regular hourly rate.
Due to the complexity of the software and the cost involved, we do not sell the source code. This helps us to be in fair business and provide regular updates.
We do offer a complete white label package which you can check out here
You can always request new features via our contact form. Implementing features requires time of development and work of testing. We follow a standard SDLC and not every feature can be implemented. We will consider most innovative one in our next milestones.
If Eddystone Nearby Notifications don’t show up, make sure you verify the following:
- The beacon battery is charged.
- The beacon is transmitting the Eddystone UID protocol (you can do this with the vendor’s app).
- The user’s phone has Bluetooth turned on.
- Make sure the url of the Nearby Notification is SSL (https NOT http).
- Make sure the phone you test on has the same language as selected at the notification.
- Make sure the url is reachable.
- Make sure the content of the url does not conflict with Google terms.
- Turning Bluetooth off and on again sometimes solves the issue, this seems some kind of Google cache issue.
- Google has an unknown algorithm to decide whether a Nearby Notification is shown. If a user gets a Nearby Notification each day, but doesn’t open it, it tends to get hidden. Because Google wants to provide useful content, and appearently the user is not interested in the notification.
Blueacon.io only uses the Google Beacon Platform’s API, and has no control over whether Nearby Notifications are shown. Blueacon.io platform is only responsible for adding the Eddystone beacon entry and Nearby Notification to the Google Beacon Platform.